Wednesday 2 December 2009

SharePoint 2010 and IE 6 Don't Do IT!!!!

For those of you who hate IE 6, SharePoint 2010 does not work well with IE 6, actually it works terrible. In my browser tests to date IE 6 is the worst browsers for SharePoint 2010.

I can hear web designers cheering. But for the millions of users who have had IE 6 on Windows XP rolled out this is a huge problem. Today IE 6 with Windows XP is the standard work platform. So now if I am trying to sell SharePoint 2010 not only do I have to get my boss to provide 64 bit production, test and even dev environments, I also have to get them to roll out IE 7 or IE 8.

I would love to hear the justificaiton that would sell this in tight economic times. I frankly don't see one. The improved accessibility and design ribbon is paid for in a heavy cost of desktop and server updates.

But that is just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment